I'm ready. What's next?
To get started ask for your customized FREE QUOTE NOW to enjoy a hassle-free experience.
Before You Move Your Boat
While we are processing your FREE QUOTE it's a good time to prepare for the move. Here are some instructions to prepare your boat or yacht for the move.
Proper boat preparation is an important part of getting your boat ready for hauling.
- Make certain that all loose items in your vessel such as plates, galley utensils, personal items or any other non-secured items have been secured or removed from the vessel.
- Empty all fuel and water from the vessel.
- Disconnect all battery cables.
- Remove any device or fixture that extends beyond the hull of the vessel such as antennas, radar, compasses or depth sounders. These devices should be secured inside the vessel for shipping.
- Secure decor such as tops, curtains, seat cushions.
- Remove the plug from the craft.
- You will need to store and secure plastic and plexiglass windshields below.
- If you are moving the boat during the winter months, then you need to winterize the engine, toilets, the water systems or any other weather sensitive device on the vessel.
- Shrink wrap is an excellent way to protect your boat during transport. However, a poor shrink wrap may tear due to the high winds generated by road travel. If this happens, the vessel could suffer damage from the shrink wrap beating, chaffing and scratching the vessel. Express Boat Transport cannot accept responsibility for damages caused by improper shrink wrap.
- If your larger boat needs to be loaded transom forward, then the craft needs to be shrink wrapped or we cannot accept liability for damage that may occur to the windshield during transport.
- When moving a sailboat, you must remove all standing rigging, lights, spreaders, wind indicators and all other types of mast rigging prior to transport. Otherwise, Express Boat Transport cannot assume liability for damage such as scratches or abrasions that may occur on the mast or damaged rigging or lights left on the mast during transport.
- All personal belonging should be removed from the boat before transport. These include cash and valuables, clothing, sporting goods or any other materials that are not part of the vessel.
HOW TO CONTACT EXPRESS BOAT TRANSPORT
Need help? Call now Toll Free 1-800-350-2488 or 1-407-464-0022. Open Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time).
WHERE DO I SEND PAPERWORK AND PAYMENTS?
** NOTE: A new tab/window will open up from where you will upload your files. When you are done uploading and submitting your document(s), we will be notified. Thank you!
Our mailing address is:
Express Boat Transport, Corp.
3800 Fudge Road
Apopka, FL 32703
Nationwide Toll Free Number
Most people understand that it is important to work with a licensed, bonded, and insured company, but many don’t know why. Let’s explore why it is so crucial for a boat shipping company to be properly insured…simply put, it provides you with protection and peace of mind.